24 September 2017

Autumn allergies . . .


The pastures of Wolf Creek Ranch across the farm road from our cabin are a glorious deep gold, surrounded by deep green oaks. Incredibly lovely to look at . . . and everything to sneeze at! The golden flowers are ragweed. Time for tissues and decongestants.

This two-page spread sort of evolved over a couple weeks as I focused more on sketches for next month's sale. I only added a bit here and there in my journal, mostly neglecting it. I'm hoping to get back to it on a regular basis now.

4 comments:

  1. The allergies are the worst - I sneeze from April to August :) But I love your sketch of the oaks and can't wait to see more from your journal...Nadja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nadja! I hope your allergies have calmed down now.

      Delete
  2. Yes, ragweed is beautiful but so tough if you suffer with allergies. This is a very nice sketch. I love your greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To celebrate Autumn, I was playing with a small QOR Earth Colors watercolor set. I miss the autumn colors of Kansas, though central Texas greens and wildflowers are beautiful year-round.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...